Introduction & Goal
I joined as one of the very first product designers in the Central Technology Enablement Group, responsible for creating reusable experiences to power the 100's of entities under the Intuit ecosystem. The goal was to identify significant and similar experiences within the product suites that Intuit provided, and create best-in-class centralized versions that every team could utilize, in a build once, use many micro-services type model. Creating reusable experiences that are consistent across the ecosystem would speed up development and time to market with product teams now entirely focused on the core features and capabilities, instead of creating inconsistent and repeating experiences over and over.
Process & Experience
In a span of 5 years, I helped establish design thinking into a historically all development-driven organization, while growing the team from 2 to 12+ designers by recruiting and retaining top talent. Additionally, laying the foundation in establishing best practices and processes for optimal team efficiency. Working centrally, independent of any specific business unit, giving me the opportunity and experience to work with over 200+ creatives across all of Intuit's business units.
- Establishing the foundation of a comprehensive design pattern library and processes for the Central Product teams to work faster and more efficiently as a whole. Using predefined and theme-able components, elements, patterns, and templates that configured to any Intuit experience.
- As the initial product designer of Intuit's Self-Help Community Forum Platform, I played a substantial role in helping decrease support cost by $10M, within a couple of years, by increased self resolution through the companies new centralized support product.
- Through rapid experimentation and behavior science/gamification, I helped the team increase user contributions by 25%.
- Designed and patented the first centralized version of Intuit's, OCR, Document Capture Experience. Powering experiences like Turbotax's tax document scanning and auto-fill, to QuickBook's and Mint's receipt captures.
- Was apart of the core team of 5 to reimagine Intuit as a parent company holistically, and its four major cornerstone brands, into a single cohesive brand and ecosystem.
Specific Role Contributions
- Hiring Lead
- Lead responsible for User Interfaces & the Pattern Library
- Lead responsible for Widget & SDK Theming Strategies
- Heavily worked on projects such as:
- Identity/Authentication Widgets
- Self-Help Support Platform
- Internal Shared Developer Portal
- Financial Data Services Widgets
- OCR/Document Capture Widgets
- Intuit’s Global Design System