Introduction & Goal
Joined as a pioneer product designer in the Central Technology Enablement Group, tasked with creating reusable experiences across Intuit's vast ecosystem. The objective was to identify common experiences within Intuit's product suites, develop best-in-class centralized versions, and implement a build-once, use-many micro-services model. This initiative aimed to accelerate development, enabling product teams to focus on core features rather than repetitive and inconsistent experiences.
Process & Experience
- In 5 years, transformed a development-centric organization into one embracing design thinking.
- Grew the design team from 2 to 12+ designers, establishing best practices and processes for optimal efficiency.
- Worked centrally, collaborating with 200+ creatives across all of Intuit's business units.
- Established a comprehensive design pattern library and processes for Central Product teams, enhancing speed and efficiency.
- Contributed to reducing support costs by $10M through the design of Intuit's Self-Help Community Forum Platform, fostering increased self-resolution.
- Achieved a 25% increase in user contributions through rapid experimentation, behavior science, and gamification.
- Designed and patented the centralized OCR Document Capture Experience, powering features like Turbotax's tax document scanning and auto-fill, QuickBook's, and Mint's receipt captures.
- Part of the core team that reimagined Intuit and its four cornerstone brands, consolidating them into a single cohesive brand and ecosystem.
Specific Role Contributions
- Hiring Lead
- Lead responsible for User Interfaces & the Pattern Library
- Lead responsible for Widget & SDK Theming Strategies
- Heavily worked on projects such as:
- Identity/Authentication Widgets
- Self-Help Support Platform
- Internal Shared Developer Portal
- Financial Data Services Widgets
- OCR/Document Capture Widgets
- Intuit’s Global Design System